Duration: Direct Hire (Perm)
Location: Findlay, Ohio area
Our customer, a tier 1 automotive supplier and market share leader, has asked us to assist them in finding an Account Manager to join their team. This position is responsible for handling sales and sales-related activities for the Company’s products in North, Central and South America.
New Business Development
- Promotes sales and sales activities of new model parts and increase its market share.
- Collects and develops information on new automobiles for development.
- Collects and develops information on customers’ purchasing patterns.
- Collects and develops information on competitors.
- Develops strategies and plans to promote activities to receive orders for new automobiles’ parts.
- Negotiates with customers regarding quotes and prices.
- Receives RFQ (Request for Quotation) from customer, obtains costs details and prepares customer quotes, and determines prices.
- Responsible for planning and managing sales and variation analysis including the following items:
- Researches and obtains information for the number of automobiles in production based on each car maker (car manufactures) and develops plans for the number of automobiles in production.
- Periodic maintenance of new and current parts’ lists.
- Develops plans for APR (Annual Price Review) and collection of Material Increase (MI).
- Sales plans development and reporting.
- Analyzes differences between sales plans and actual results
- Promotes cost planning activities on new automobile parts to ensure profits.
Existing Accounts Maintenance / Customer Service
- Responsible for maintaining good communication and relationships with current customers by providing comprehensive support that includes responding to requests for quotations and information, referring other internal support for assistance, etc.
- Builds customer relationships and maintains and improves customers’ satisfaction. (Quality Cost Delivery Development)
- Communicates with both customers and the Company’s internal personnel for problem resolutions.
- Responsible for negotiations with customers for APR and the collection of MI.
- Communicates with (Deploys) the Company’s internal personnel/department for annual original cost reduction requests.
- Examines the Company’s internal personnel/department for annual original cost reduction items.
- Manages Accounts Receivables.
- Negotiates with customers regarding delay of payment, as needed.
- Issues (develops) internal settlement reports on final accounts for bad debt.
- Prepares weekly and trip reports in order to communicate sourcing, APR/MI status, cost planning issues and activities.
- Associate degree in engineering