Job Title: Applications Analyst – MS Dynamics Finance & HR
Duration: Direct Hire (Perm)
Location: Shaker Heights, Ohio
The Applications Analyst purchases, implements, supports and enhances third party applications packages for the general user community. Works with department heads, end-users, database administrators, and vendors within the standard course of supporting user needs, troubleshooting and improving the use of application systems. This role bridges user needs and requirements with package functions and communicates easily and clearly with non-technical personnel. At varying levels, this position will implement and maintain multiple applications and supported environment. The position will need to perform duties successfully with limited supervision.
- Primary role will be heavily involved with interacting and supporting our Finance and HR departments.
- The candidate needs to have a strong understanding of accounting practices, and common financial workflows.
- A strong background in workflow and process mapping and how various applications support those flows.
- In depth experience with Microsoft Dynamics is required to support both the Finance department and the HR department.
- Technical abilities supporting users via building forms, reports, workflows along with system troubleshooting and system improvements.
- Defines and develops reports as needed using package specific report writers, Crystal Reports or SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Troubleshoots and resolves end-user issues with applications and associated data.
- Administers, builds, tests, debugs, all forms and reports, data schemes and related details of assigned applications.
- Defines, documents, diagrams and integrates work flow of various departments with systems.
- Evaluates, makes recommendations, implements and supports third party packages and their integration into various departments.
- Works independently with vendors and programmers to prepare, troubleshoot and operate third party applications.
- Helps integrate new packages into existing systems along with conversions from old to new platforms.
- Trains end-users in functions, security and information extraction.
- Review contracts, statements of work, and project documents for third party package support.
- Maintains yearly contract maintenance and vendor correspondence.
- Interprets and transforms end-user needs to new or modified package components.
- Prepares written procedures for use by the IT Department and end-users.
- Maintains a secure working environment. Applies adequate security to all work performed in the protection of confidential information.
- Maintains practices in adherence with HIPAA standards.
- Requires rotation through various shifts to provide 24×7 on-call support for applications.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings, supervision, and on-going training.
- All required trainings, certifications and licensure must be kept current in accordance with applicable licensing and accreditation regulations and standards.
- Maintains high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adheres to Agency policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Four-year degree in computer science or similar degree required. Can be offset by experience plus two- year degree.
- Experience working in and supporting a Finance department and an HR department
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is required
- Experience with Microsoft SQL and Access is required
- Experience working with interface engines, especially related to Healthcare standards is a plus
- Interacting with people of varying backgrounds various strengths, aptitudes, and abilities.
- Interacting with clients in stressful situations while dealing with technical issues.
- Time management:
- Perform job responsibilities with a high degree of initiative and judgment.
- Verbal and written communication proficiency.
- Experience with vast majority of Microsoft products and operating systems.
- Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Experience with supporting technology in a large networked environment.
- Troubleshooting issues across multiple technology types.
- Experience supporting device in wired, wireless, and geo-diversified environments.
- This position is an on-premise position. We do allow for remote work when needs arise.
- 40-hour work week with rotation through a 24×7 on-call schedule.
- Occasional after hours (after 5:00pm) and weekend work is required to perform system installations and upgrades.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Ability to climb ladders, crouch under desks, and move quickly when necessary.
- Have a vehicle to facilitate travel between offices across Northeastern Ohio.