Job Title: Back-end Developer / Engineer
Duration: 12 Months+
Location: Dallas, TX
Back-end Developer/Engineer will work closely with business partners, implementation team, and other company technologists to migrate critical Banking applications from Visual Basic to C#, .NET, in Azure Cloud.
- 3-days in the office per week.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Migrate critical financial application(s) from Visual Basic to modern architecture of C# .NET environment, in Cloud utilizing ADO, ADF and other Azure tools.
- Analyze user requirements, BRD, and existing Visual Basic code to complete a full rewrite in C# .NET and new deployment into Azure/Cloud taking advantage of Azure App Services.
- Responsible for reading and comprehending Visual Basic code (limited documentation) and assist in creating requirement documents/diagrams for migration strategy.
- Need to be hands-on in developing and building code in Azure platform
- Hands-on in building build and release pipelines in Azure DevOps (ADO)
- Execute under limited supervision and be a proactive self-starter
- No UI or UX experience is required – there is not a front-end UI for these applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant equivalent experience.
- 5+ Years working as a software developer/engineer, preferably in Financial Services field.
- 5+ Years’ experience in analyzing, designing and developing using Microsoft and Azure Cloud technologies.
- 5+ years Full-Stack development using C#, .NET technologies.
- 3+ years’ experience migrating Visual Basic Applications to C# .NET / Cloud
- 2+ years of experience using Azure ADO and ADF
- Good experience building code and using API frameworks and tools
- 3+ years of experience in database using SQL Server or Oracle or other enterprise RDBMS.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Middleware software (including MOM), Application Servers, and Enterprise API & Integration Tools
- Experience with Control-M tool (non-mainframe) for scheduling and monitoring capabilities.
- Understanding of the OSI Model and network protocols
- Understanding of Commercial Banking Domain is a huge plus.