Job Title: Desktop Support Specialist I
Duration: 12 Months+
Location: Irvine, CA
The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for supporting all end users relating to hardware and software, computer applications, and LAN related issues. Day to day responsibilities consist of: Installing, testing, maintaining, and troubleshooting end user workstations and interrelated hardware and software, Active Directory user management, troubleshooting of mobile devices, escalating issues accordingly, and maintaining communication with customers and technical teams.
IT Technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments, executive levels, and customers daily.
- The IT Technician’s role is to ensure system operation and functionality so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
- The objective of the IT Technician will be to respond to support requests in a timely manner, be the initial reference point for all IT support related tickets, and to ensure the satisfaction of the end user, among other technical duties.
- IT Technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments, executive levels and customers daily.
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in resolving support requests.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components throughout various network infrastructure devices.
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Ensuring company safety and security standards are met.
- Traveling to different sites as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- 2+ years of experience in Microsoft Windows desktop and server level 1 support.
- 2+ years of providing support as a Level 1- Help Desk, Technical Remote Support/ Server, Desktop Support or Systems Administrator providing End User Support and Customer Service.
- Must be able to be both a team player and be able to provide exemplary results while working on projects independently.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and easily.
- Have a strong working knowledge of all of the components in Microsoft’s Office suite.
- Active Directory knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired.
- Technical certifications (CompTIA A+, Microsoft or Others)
- 2+ years of highly relevant, extensive, hands-on experience
- Knowledge of Remedy, ServiceNow or other trouble ticket software.