Job Title: IT Project Manager (Data Center Migration)
Duration: 12 Months+
The IT Project Manager is responsible for the technical management and delivery of the 2024 Data Center consolidation and move of the targeted data centers to a successful completion.
This role will encompass sending communication, scheduling meetings, stakeholder management, overseeing milestones, tasks, and project deliverables. Will report weekly to senior and executive leadership along with developing and reporting on financial budgets.
The IT Project Manager must have strong project management background, with experience in data center migrations and moves along with a proven track record in driving results from front-line IT engineers. Must have an excellent understanding of information technology concepts and processes; and the ability to work with both business and IT leaders to support the deployment of complex technical solutions within business timelines.
Through recent acquisitions, Company has acquired two (2) additional data centers, located Boise Idaho and Southfield Michigan. This is in addition to the two (2) existing Data Centers located in Las Vegas Nevada and Chandler Arizona.
The project is to consolidate the four (4) data centers into two (2) reginal data centers located in Las Vegas and Grand Rapids Michigan. The data center in Grand Rapids is a greenfield environment from which the Southfield and Chandler locations will fall.
- Manages all aspects of large, complex enterprise-wide software and infrastructure deployments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong collaboration skills.
- Works closely with stakeholders and IT leaders to define the vision, scope and delivery timelines for technical deliverables.
- Experience creating and presenting detailed internal and external status reports and tailoring reports appropriately for presentation to the Executive Level.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing successful, large-scale complex information technology projects with emphasis on Data Center moves and migrations.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining detailed project schedules.
- Experience managing system development efforts including all aspects of software development lifecycle, hardware and software integration, testing and deployment.
- Leadership experience managing IT project budgets in the range of $2 to $15 million.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop creative solutions in a technical environment.
- Knowledge of PMBOK project management concepts and their application to management of large IT projects.
- Experience with vendor and contract management. • Experience with user acceptance testing methodologies and documentation.
- Experience in delivering the project within the agreed schedule, to the correct technical specification, within the approved budget and other specified criteria.
- Experience with meeting facilitation and gathering requirements.
- Ability to lead the project team and effectively conduct the project to meet project objectives. • Experience working in multi-client and multi-vendor environment.
- Ability to influence others and hold accountable without direct authority.
- Supports work estimation process in support of development activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT or related field.
- Experience working in a Project Management Office.
- Project Management Institute (PMP) certification preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in managing complex enterprise level and/or multi-departmental projects to completion.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with industry standard project management and service delivery methodologies for IT (SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Lean/Six Sigma, OCM, PMBOK or ITIL a plus).