Job Title: Java Developer
Duration: 1 year
Location: Cincinnati, OH
The Software Engineer will work with our commercial capital markets product teams and our offshore development team to integrate and adapt off the shelf solutions into our ecosystem. The Engineer will build and adjust internal software to interact with vendor systems via API.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the organizations risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
What You Will Be Doing
- Leading software development for a squad including offshore developers.
- Writing and adjusting software in Java.
- Creating and approving pull requests.
- Escalate problems or feature requests to the development team and product owners.
- Communicate with offshore team to create software solutions.
- After hours response may be required in critical scenarios.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of helping create testable, maintainable, and dependable software.
- In-Depth knowledge of how to create and maintain alerting and monitoring systems.
- Knowledge of how cloud service providers and data centers interact and how their API gateways work.
- Knowledge of Splunk, Dynatrace, and AWS or comparable solutions.
- A mentoring mindset and love for participating on a geographically distributed team.