Duration: 6 Month with possibility of extension
Location: Cincinnati, OH
The Lead Agilist position will be part of the Enterprise Modernization organization. Lead Agilists come at least 5 years of full-time business experience and at least 3 years of Scrum experience. After training in Company’s Agile, Scrum and Scrum Mastering, they are given an Agile Squad or Squads to support. They will work to ensure their Agile Squad(s) understands and applies all Agile and Scrum values and principles. They use observations skills to determine Squad(s) needs and intervene with Squad(s) based on those specific needs. Lead Agilists promote the growth of every team member. They are able to craft messages and leverage powerful questions to prompt creative problem identification and solving. They are able to effectively facilitate neutral discussions to allow teams to decide the best course and keep teams focused on delivering business value.
Lead Agilists embody agility using a servant leadership approach and leading by example while guiding their Squad(s) on the application of the Scrum Framework. They build trusting environments where problems can be discussed and solved collaboratively. They facilitate Scrum events and activities as necessary and ensure the team is realizing value from them (including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Retrospective and Backlog Refinement). Lead Agilists coach the Product Owner and Development Team in effective Product Backlog management so that they have a common understanding of what is to be delivered, why it needs to be delivered, and what success looks like. They coach the Agile Squad(s) in self-organization, continuous improvement, cross-functionality, risk identification, dependency management, conflict resolution, and software craftsmanship. They will encourage Squad(s) to solve their own problems with Agile mindsets, performance, and team dynamics. They also coach others in the organization regarding Agile practices and impacts that actions have on the team and its self-organization. Lead Agilists are able to provide objective guidance, without personal or political consideration.
A Lead Agilist possesses a learning mindset and help the Agile Squad(s) continuously improve their interactions, practices, and process through valuable inspect and adapt practices using data from feedback loops, metrics and other information radiators. They are able to identify opportunities for improvement outside of the traditional inspect and adapt practice by leveraging a basic understanding of technologies and techniques in the DevOps, pipeline automation, testing frameworks, etc. spaces. They are able to leverage concepts from other Agile frameworks and working practices outside of Scrum to help Squads grow and succeed. They model collaborative, courageous and open behavior, and a willingness to learn and grow continuously for the Agile Squad(s) as well as the organization.
Lead Agilists and the Agile Squad(s) are responsible and accountable for the identification of risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns. They personally follow policies and procedures as defined and are accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues. Lead Agilists and the Agile Squad(s) ensure that their actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, Lead Agilists achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Solid understanding of the Scrum Framework and principles of agility
- Understand of how to build high performing teams that utilize inspect and adapt loops to continuously learn and approve
- Understand how to use empirical data collection to benefit team and organization
- Critical and creative problem solving skills
- Able to present, teach, mentor, and facilitate at multiple levels of the organization, particularly inside of a team environment
- Collaborates with other team members; values team success over individual success
- Continuous learning regarding Agile, Scrum, coaching, facilitating, emotional intelligence, team dynamics, listening for self and team
- Understanding of all software lifecycle development disciplines – Project Management, Requirements Management, Analysis & Design, Quality Assurance & Testing, Implementation, Deployment, Configuration & Change Management
- Working knowledge of a variety of practices that support agility (Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Driven Development, Automated Test-Driven Development, etc.)
- Working knowledge of other Agile frameworks and ways of working (Kanban, Scrumban, XP, Mob programming, etc.)
- Understanding of priorities and goal setting for teams and organizations in an agile business environment
- Leadership skills, specifically leading by example (servant leader) and display behaviors that demonstrate the key mindset shifts associated with becoming agile
- Ability to apply multiple approaches to the removal of Agile Squad impediments (e.g. cultural barriers, logistic challenges, coordination w/other Agile Squads and teams), where possible
- When needed, escalate Agile Squad impediments to appropriate organizational entities
- Facilitate communication, cooperation, and collaboration inside and outside the Agile Squad, including the Agile Center
- Works to improve the effectiveness of all roles of the Agile Squad
- Shields Agile Squad from external requests and interference to ensure the Agile Squad is fully functional and productive
- Fosters self-organization, learning, and growth within the Agile Squad
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 5+ years of fulltime business experience
- 3+ years of Scrum experience
- Strong oral and written communication
- Experience presenting, teaching, mentoring, and facilitating at multiple levels of the organization, particularly inside of a team environment.
- Experience communicating and removing impediments outside of team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Coaching skills with the ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
- Ability to resolve interpersonal and organizational conflicts – strong mediator
- Active coach and mentor whose goal is to grow and maximize potential
- Brings high-energy and passion to the job with a focus on building strong teams
- Ability to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a sustainable & effective workplace
- Ability to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement
- Bachelor’s in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or a directly related field or equivalent in work experience