Duration: 24 months +
Location: Akron, OH
Vegetation Management Solution (VMS) Mobile Hardware Support Specialist – Bilingual (Spanish) IT.
Candidates must be local to Akron, OH. Will be required to work onsite 1-2 days per week at the WAC.
Candidates must be bilingual, fluent in Spanish and English. Preferably Spanish as first language.
Possibly contract to hire in 2026.
Providing first line daily support and troubleshooting via call center, email, Teams for ~2000 internal FirstEnergy and external Contractors using Apple iPADs who perform work for Vegetation Management using customized software products Lifecycle and MIMS to document work activities. This is a fast-pace environment where the management of calls, ticket creation, and providing courteous, responsive customer support is critical. Required – Spanish fluent, preferably first language
Schedule*: 40 hours Mon – Fri. (flextime and remote available as department needs allow)
7:00AM to 3:30PM with ½ hr lunch 7:00AM to 4:00PM with 1 hr lunch
*Additional hours/days may be required at times for emergency storm support & occasional periodic travel for meetings/trainings
Location: FirstEnergy Headquarter Office preferred (Akron, OH)
1) Safety and Operational Performance and Training – Deliver safety results through full employee commitment by observing company safety practices, wearing personal protective equipment as needed and completing required annual training to achieve FirstEnergy’s corporate safety goals.
• Perform or participate in Job Briefings as specified by Contractor Company and/or FirstEnergy
• Conduct Safety Discussions on Routine Staff Conference Calls
• Wear all required safety PPE when conducting any tasks that define use
• Required Trainings as defined
2) Vegetation Management Support Desk Call Center – First contact support for VMS device users and department staff providing support, troubleshooting, and ticket creation for a wide range of support categories.
• Support both Spanish and English speaking Vegetation Management device users via Support Desk calls and ticket creation.
• Provide a Spanish speaking Support Team contact point to eliminate issues created by language barrier.
• Identify all callers needs, clarify information and create complete, concise ticket for client
• Troubleshoot with the client and provide direction to already created support document available on SharePoint when possible.
• Readily communicate on call center reporting and overview of current weeks call types, resolution times and emerging issues.
• Assist in the creation of support documentation as issues and solutions are identified
3) Vegetation Management hardware and application deployment support
• Prepare VM equipment and software as necessary for deployment
• Stage and kit devices for transport to deployment/trainings
• Translate to Spanish training powerpoint presentations, agendas and user manuals for VM equipment and software as needed
• Participate in virtual and in-person trainings to assist with mobile hardware and software implementation and support
4) Ensure compliance of VM Hardware with computer Use Policies and Business Unit requirements
• Translation and creation of support documentation to Spanish.
• Provide call center reporting
• Ensuring all Vegetation Management computer & mobile hardware and software are current to Corporates Standards per procedures.
• Track, monitor and assure all users have completed the Computer Use Agreement Form and filed per procedure.
• Work with staff and management to address any software or hardware policy compliance issues
• Work with staff and management to address any user non-compliance issues
• Run and review daily, weekly, monthly and routine reports as needed 12/23/2023
• Work with other IT Business Units as needed to support and maintain VM hardware & software compliance
5) Assist with VPN and Multi-Factor Authentication registration, useage and troubleshooting for Veg hardware asset users
• Setup VPN and MFA Access for users
• Assist new users with setting up, registering and activating VPN and MFA Apps
• Update VPN and MFA device registration and assigned users as needed
• Support and troubleshoot VPN and MFA users as needed
• Update or translate VPN and MFA communications as needed
• Submit and/or escalate tickets to Helpdesk or IT Service Hub for VPN/MFA issues
6) Assist with New User On/Offboarding and computer hardware issuing, setup and tracking per training and procedures
• Assist issuing computer hardware and accessories to users as needed
• Support new user log on and activation
• Assist with Onboarding and Offboarding of VM and Contractor staff via Teams/In person Meetings
o Support individual user setup with Active Directory (AD)
o Submit tickets to Helpdesk and via IT Service Hub for access as needed
o Ensure all VM issued Equipment and Accessories is accounted for when returned upon user termination
• Submit and/or escalate tickets VM Helpdesk for computer hardware and software troubleshooting and support for VM and Contractor staff
7) Attend VM Department meetings with staff and/or groups as needed or directed:
• Engage and participate in meetings as assigned
• Communicate current challenges, changes and/or projects that involve Vegetation Management mobile hardware equipment and software
• Share results of meetings and situations in the form of lessons learned and/or global communications as identified
8) Information Technology (IT) Support – assist in L1 support (as trained) or ticket creation for all aspects of Vegetatin Management technology usage including tracking, troubleshooting and support for all users with mobile hardware equipment, software and account configuration for Contractors within Business Unit.
• Provide courteous and professional direct, responsive customer assistance for all Vegetation Management staff and Contractors as primary VMS Solution Helpdesk Representative following processes & improving procedures
• Tracking Personnel, issued Equipment and Accessories, wireless accounts and troubleshooting tickets as needed
• Maintain Wireless Accounts for Vegetation devices
• Maintain continuous work efforts per procedure and training
• Share results of daily application support in the form of lessons learned and/or global communications as identified