Title: Network Administrator II
Location: Trinity, Alabama
Basic Job Functions:
Intermediate WAN infrastructure implementation and support responsibilities. Works closely with architects, department leadership and customers to establish requirements and manage expectations of solution(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent years of work experience
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Critical thinking skills are a must.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley controls and regulations.
- Working knowledge and/or experience with Cisco, Riverbed, F5, Palo Alto, Juniper and Bluecoat products.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Services (SaS, IaaS, PaaS) a plus.
- Ability to design high availability infrastructure with proper capacity using flexible infrastructure principles.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to manage and leverage vendor relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to establish enterprise standards.
- Experience integrating and converting systems to an enterprise standard.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Experience architecting Active Directory infrastructures including integration of DNS and DHCP technologies.
- Significant SAN switch/fabric experience.
- Minimum 3 years of managing an Enterprise Cisco production environment including switches, routers, firewalls, VPN devices, QoS, wireless solutions and peripherals and performance monitoring.
- Minimum 2 years of designing, implementing and supporting Cisco IPT enterprise solution including CME and Call Manager.
- Understanding of cabling standards and data center management.
- Demonstrated experience deploying and configuring network monitoring tools.
- Ability to scale solutions for high availability and growth of enterprise.
- High level understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- ITIL familiarity a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in network and internet protocols and applications including WINS, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, IIS, SNMP, SMTP, Routing, BGP, E/IGRP, H.323, Link Aggregation, Network Redundancy, PEAP, Spanning Tree and VLans utilizing a fiber/copper/MPLS backbone.
- Working knowledge of NERC/CIP.
- Create documentation and diagrams for use by various team members within IT.
- Will participate in disaster recovery initiatives to ensure business continuity.
- Use logical approach to troubleshooting and problem mitigation.
- Foster and maintain good business relationships with executives, management and inter/intra departmental teams.
- Develop complete Bill of Materials for approved projects.
- Provide technical leadership and consulting to management, team and customers.
- Interface with multiple teams in challenging, collaborative, results driven work environment.
- Work with project management to develop project scopes, budget and deliverables.
- Develop solutions according to enterprise technology standards including hardware, software, infrastructure components and that leverage investment.
- Adheres to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards.
- Performs other assignments as required.
- Travel may be required.
- Must be able to serve on the on-call rotation.
- Applies and maintains specific security controls as required by organizational policy and local risk assessments to maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability of business information systems and to enhance resilience to unauthorized access. Contributes to vulnerability assessments. Recognizes when an IT network/system has been attacked internally, by a remote host, or by malicious code, such as virus, worm or Trojan etc., or when a breach of security has occurred. Takes immediate action to limit damage, according to the organization’s security policy, which may include escalation to next level, and records the incident and action taken. Demonstrates effective communication of security issues to business managers and others. Performs basic risk assessments for small information systems.
- Maintains knowledge of specific technical specialisms provides detailed advice regarding their application and executes specialized tasks. The specialism can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area.
- Maintains awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working. Within own sphere of influence, works to further organizational goals, by the use of emerging technologies and products. Contributes to briefings and presentations about their relevance and potential value to the organization.
- Installs or removes hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools including, where appropriate, handover to the client. Conducts tests, corrects malfunctions, and documents results in accordance with agreed procedures. Reports details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated. Provides assistance to users in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation. Maintains accurate records of user requests, contact details and outcomes. Contributes to the development of installation procedures and standards.
- Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures. Applies techniques to modify demand for a particular resource or service.
- Contributes to the availability management process and its operation and performs defined availability management tasks. Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability. Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels. Implements arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures. Conducts testing of recovery procedures.
- Monitors service delivery performance metrics and liaises with managers and customers to ensure that service level agreements are not breached without the stakeholders being given the opportunity of planning for deterioration in service.
- Develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change. Applies change control procedures.
- Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken. May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
- Reviews system software updates and identifies those that merit action. Tailors system software to maximize hardware functionality. Installs and tests new versions of system software. Investigates and coordinates the resolution of potential and actual service problems. Prepares and maintains operational documentation for system software. Advises on the correct and effective use of system software.
- Investigates identified security breaches in accordance with established procedures and recommends any required actions. Assists users in defining their access rights and privileges, and administers logical access controls and security systems. Maintains security records and documentation.
- Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Collects and collates evidence as part of a formally conducted and planned review of activities, processes, products or services. Examines records as part of specified testing strategies for evidence of compliance with management directives, or the identification of abnormal occurrences.
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time
- This position will report to IT Infrastructure Operations Manager
- Limited travel may be required.