Duration: 6 Months Contract to Hire
Location: Hybrid (Phoenix, AZ)
We are looking to hire an experienced Industrial Controls Network Engineer to provide infrastructure design, architecture, implementation, and support services to COMPANY’s fleet of generation technology assets. This includes complex power generation control systems and network infrastructures that support power generation facilities.
Acting as a member of the Generation Infrastructure, Security, & Compliance team, you will be responsible for decisions about design and planning, managing relationships with internal customers, and resolution of infrastructure related issues. This is a bridge position between Engineering, Operational Technology (OT) support, and Information Technology (IT) and requires an understanding of all areas and a willingness to learn and grow technically.
To ensure success in this position, you should have extensive experience working with enterprise OT and IT network infrastructures, power system infrastructures, collaborating with other IT teams, and managing the full spectrum of network devices and systems used across Generation. As an Industrial Controls Network Engineer, you will be helping to build the next generation of technology infrastructure in support of Power Generation at COMPANY.
- Design, architect, implement, and maintain complex network and system infrastructures – firewalls/ VPNs, switches/routers, & various server/infrastructure technologies.
- Provide network integration of control technologies in support of various controls systems throughout the Generation Fleet.
- Collaborate with Cyber Security Services to utilize standard security strategies to ensure protection of sensitive data, systems, applications, and physical assets.
- Identify emerging technologies and technical trends and develop recommendations for future use at COMPANY
- Manage individual work tickets and help maintain high service levels with customers
- Work with vendors on hardware and software procurement
- Provide executive level status reports as needed
- Lead and manage projects
- Understand and adhere to all related NERC CIP requirements as required
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Five (5) years full time experience actively engaged in Network Engineering practice.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing/supporting/troubleshooting network devices and infrastructures is preferred.
- Experience deploying, supporting, and integrating network and infrastructure technologies such as firewalls, and switches/routers.
- Experience designing secure and reliable networks that support critical systems.
- Experience evaluating security configurations to determine if unacceptable risks are appropriately mitigated.
- Must be flexible and willing to learn in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to work remote or on-site as needed, including traveling to various locations and generation facilities throughout COMPANY.
- Proven communication skills, including the ability to listen, and the ability to form productive working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills that support documenting, categorizing, and prioritizing requirements.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual, strategic, and creative thinking abilities.
- Knowledge of network architectures.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing and switching
- Knowledge of controls systems desirable.
- Current industry certifications will be given preference.
- Palo Alto
- Please include a cover letter explaining how your experience fulfills the needs of this position.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license.