Job Title: QA Engineer
Duration: 18 Months+
Location: Remote (8-5pm AZ hours)
The QA Test Engineer is responsible for leading the end-to-end quality of projects within the Company’s CPQ platform.
The QA Test Engineer creates, tests, and plans for both manual and automated testing of complex web applications.
The QA Test Engineer delivers creative and innovative solutions to support the development team through planning and prioritization of test design, test development, and test automation activities. This work will be accomplished within an Agile methodology or other methodologies in support of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with frequent application releases.
ERP OTC Phase 1 is the first phase of the overall OTC Implementation. The scope of the effort is to transition field users out of current ERP system. The effort provides the following benefits:
- Improve CX by streamlining entry and support in Republic CRM
- Provide a holistic view of customer data for frontline employees?
- Reduce data validation resources?
- Drive role and platform clarity?
- Moderate change impacts from overall OTC efforts
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: IMPORTANT Information
- Designs, develops, implements, and automates test plans and test cases in an Agile software delivery model environment.
- Builds or uses existing automation tools to test interfaces between systems and applications such as RESTful services, or other APIs.
- Accountable for all aspects of quality within the software development team.
- Tracks and prioritizes defects throughout product releases and lifecycles.
- Uses quality control tools and metrics to discover defects and make recommendations for resolution.
- Works with Agile teams or other IT teams to plan, estimate, schedule and execute testing for applications including: Establishes, organizes and executes testing deliverables, Documents and executes complex software test plans and strategies, Ensures traceability of test cases back to project requirements, Executes end to end test scenarios, Coordinates and supports user-acceptance test plans, Works with Scrum/Agile team or other IT teams to report and resolve complex issues.
- Ensures software applications meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Participates in all aspects of testing at all levels, including functional, system, regression, and load testing.
- Records and reports on testing metrics.
- Follows test documentation standards and makes updates as necessary.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Minimum of 5 years of software test experience with focus on web applications and test automation.
- Experience with software automation testing methodologies including regression, functional, unit, integration, coverage, performance, and load.
- Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful API’s.
- Experience building automation utilizing the Page / Object design pattern.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience with systems integration, including middleware tools such as TIBCO.
- 3-5 years’ experience with one or more major commercial CPQ platforms, such as Oracle Big Machines.
- 1 year experience with Salesforce.com Sales and Service Cloud.
- 2 years of experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with the following: Agile using tools such as Rally or Jira, Performance/load testing tools such as Balze Meter and jMeter, TDD frameworks such as Cucumber.
- Understanding of web application testing tools such as Selenium, Jasmine, Protractor, and HP UFT.
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms and services such as Amazon, Heroku, Perfecto Mobile, and SauceLabs.
- Experience with Jenkins or other Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery applications