Duration: 12 Months+
The Quality Assurance Engineer provides testing services that mitigate the risk of software defects and increase the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of Companys’ software solutions. The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for leading the end-to-end quality of projects within the Company’s Web, Mobile, and other Application Portfolios through test automation. The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for architecting new automated test strategies and frameworks in addition to creating, testing, and planning for both manual and automated test frameworks to optimize the testing of complex web and mobile applications. The Quality Assurance Engineer demonstrates innovation, leadership, and mentorship skills in addition to possessing a strong technical and programming/test automation skill set. The Quality Assurance Engineer delivers creative and innovative solutions to support the development team through planning and prioritization of test design, test development, and test automation activities. This work will be accomplished within an Agile methodology or other methodologies in support of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with frequent application releases.
This position will be shared between 2 agile teams but with similar and related core work of road-mapping and implementing test automation for our API repositories.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Make sure these are thoroughly discussed w/the candidate.
- Coaches and mentors Software Test Engineers in the execution of automated testing efforts.
- Leads effort to review product specifications and work with others to develop appropriate test strategies, detailed test plans, and test architectures.
- Leads formal reviews of test plans, designs, and requirements with cross-functional teams.
- Participates in the evaluation of new tools and technologies to continue enhancing the automation framework.
- Researches, develops and/or recommends tools to assist Software Test Engineers in test planning, execution, and reporting.
- Develops, debugs, and maintains test automation for applications and services.
- Develops, implements, and automates test plans and test cases in an Agile environment.
- Builds or uses existing automation tools to test interfaces between systems and applications such as web services, Tibco services, or other APIs.
- Accountable for all aspects of quality within the software development team.
- Tracks and prioritizes defects throughout product releases and lifecycles.
- Uses quality control tools and metrics to discover defects and make recommendations for resolution.
- Reports defects found through test automation.
- Works with Agile teams or other IT teams to plan, estimate, schedule and execute testing for applications including:
- Establishes, organizes and executes testing deliverables.
- Documents and executes complex software test plans and strategies.
- Ensures traceability of test cases back to project requirements.
- Executes end to end test scenarios.
- Coordinates and supports user-acceptance test plans.
- Works with an Agile team or other IT teams to report and resolve complex issues.
- Ensures software applications meet functional requirements.
- Participates in all aspects of testing at all levels, including functional, system, regression and load testing.
- Works collaboratively with Software Test Engineers and Developers.
- Tests manually, as needed.
- Records and reports on testing metrics.
- Follows test documentation standards and makes updates as necessary.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Experience with Cypress, AWS and APIs.
- Experience in automation and manual testing.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Make sure these are thoroughly discussed w/the candidate.
- Experience with software automation testing methodologies including regression, functional, unit, integration, coverage, performance and load preferred.
- Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful API’s preferred.
- Experience with test management tools such as qTest, ALM, TFS, or similar tools preferred.
- Experience with API testing frameworks such as Karate, Gatling, JMeter, or Postman preferred.
- Some experience with load and performance testing preferred.
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms and services such as Amazon AWS, Azure, Heroku, Perfecto Mobile, and SauceLabs preferred.
- Experience in reviewing and providing feedback to team members during pull requests preferred.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture preferred.