Job Title: SAS AML Administrator
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Duration: 1 year
Operating as part of an agile squad, this person will work with their product owner, stakeholders as well as internal teams to build or install solutions in an iterative fashion. Ideal candidates should possess experience with SAS, particularly SAS AML Administration. Knowledge of visualizing data and ETL is a plus. This role will help complete software releases and deployments that create real value for all parties. If you are a strong candidate who is a team player, works with little supervision, customer focused with an attention to detail, then apply today!
Designs and implements software solutions as a member of an agile squad. Being assigned to an agile squad means this role also participates in all agile ceremonies driving activities from design to delivery. Follows best practices and standards and participates in communities of practice to continuously refine and document these standards.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the organizations risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring, logging, and/or troubleshooting SAS servers
- Administering the scheduling of jobs and reports
- Assisting project teams in SAS AML deployment and testing
- Design and implement new features while continuously improving quality of technical products and applications
- Provide technical knowledge and leadership as a developer on an agile squad
- Work collaboratively with other software engineers to define system architectures and design solutions
- Develop software meeting code quality standards and metrics
- Practice test-driven development
- Participate in communities of practice by contributing to and following standards, reviewing others code, and sharing knowledge
- Achieve operational excellence by automating processes and writing maintainable, supportable, and testable code
- Maintain effective partnerships with operations and engineering teams to drive service improvement
- Remain current on IT trends pertaining to their area of practice
- Assist with problem resolution for end users and customers
- Contribute to the definition of operational procedures for software development
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance of audit requirements
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Base SAS skills
- Strong SAS Macro skills
- SAS administrator experience
- Strong database skills including strong SQL knowledge & database design
- Linux Bash Scripting
- Tableau or other visualization experience is helpful but not required
- Six+ years of engineering or other IT work experience relevant to the position.
- Knowledge of object-oriented and functional software design.
- Familiarity with RESTful networking.
- Prior experience with knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- Understanding of Software Development Methodologies.
- Understanding of security best practices.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.