Title: Senior Software Engineer
Duration: 18 months
Location: Milwaukee, WI
We are looking for technical hands-on engineer with a background in computer science and application development on server as well as embedded platforms. Help in strategically defining the projects that deliver the next generation of building control products enabling our customers to manage their comfort, energy usage, and security within commercial building environments.
How you will do it:
• Under general direction, work in conjunction with your team (Scrum Master and Product Owner) to plan, execute, measure, and improve their work.
• The primary responsibility, as part of feature development, utilizing engineering best practices, working with other developers in the team. Requires deep technical knowledge related Microsoft .Net Core and user interface development related topics.
• Proficient in implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and enhancing software applications for large building automation systems
• Well versed with software engineering fundamentals like data structures, algorithms and databases
• Collaborate with other members to coordinate efforts and define and leverage best practices.
• Conduct and participate in software code reviews and engineering documentation reviews
• Analyze, trouble-shoot, and provide code fixes for reported problems and change requests.
• 4+ years of professional experience in software development
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in C#, .Net, .Net Core
• Experience in API design and Implementation (REST)
• Experience in SQL, including stored procedures, data models, and transactional flows
• Experience working in Distributed Application Development Environment: MicroService Architecture, Caching, Distributed Source Control (Git)
• Experience working on Jenkins Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• Software design languages, models and diagrams (e.g. UML)
• Agile development methods
• Team player with strong collaboration skills