Job Title: ServiceNow Developer III
Duration: 1 year+
Location: Remote (8-5pm AZ hours)
The ServiceNow Developer III is Senior level position responsible for developing comprehensive solutions across IT Service Management, IT Operations Management, GRG (Governance, Risk, & Compliance), HR Service Delivery, and Custom Applications. —- They provide expert level guidance for developers and administrators and solve advanced user-reported issues. —- They are proficient in business processes and administration of multiple modules and integrations. The development team follows the Agile Scrum Methodology and works cross-functionally across different modules on the platform. —- This role also works closely with the Platform Architect to identify solutions through existing functionality or customizations, as well as developing, testing, installing, and maintaining new or modified solutions on the platform. —- This role assumes advanced knowledge on the ServiceNow platform—including advanced training and certifications—and advanced skills in various front-end web development languages.
• Architect solutions across ITSM, ITOM, GRC, HRSD, and Custom Applications to streamline operations and enhance user experience.
• Lead the design and implementation of complex ITSM workflows to ensure timely escalations and communications, minimize service disruption, and optimize service delivery.
• Lead customization and configuration of Discovery, Event Management and the CMDB to automate incident creation based on alerts and optimize infrastructure visibility and management.
• Collaborate with SecOps teams to automate ticket routing and improve detection workflows.
• Oversee GRC compliance module development, align platform capabilities to ensure proper risk assessment, mitigation, and audit reporting.
• Drive HRSD improvement to Case Management, Onboarding, and Employee Experience by leveraging data analytics to optimize the employee experience.
• Manage small projects to build Custom Applications, align requirements to business needs, design solutions with an architect, drive delivery, and create standard operating procedures with Platform Admins.
• Lead integration of new modules, store applications, integrations, and spokes.
• Interface with executive stakeholders to align ServiceNow solutions with business goals and emerging trends.
• Lead for the most intricate, rare, and complex issues that require deep platform knowledge and problem-solving expertise.
• Mentor junior developers, providing guidance on advanced scripting techniques and best practices.
• Design simple solutions with Solution Architect; align tool’s capability to business process needs.
• Oversee development and data management for integrations between ServiceNow Platform and other systems, tools, or services (like Workday or Active Directory)
• Creates and maintain technical documentation in Knowledge Base
• 4 years’ experience in IT, software development, or ServiceNow administration
• ServiceNow Certified System Administrator & Certified ServiceNow Developer
• 3 Additional certifications within ServiceNow modules
• Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology.
• 4 years’ experience building or maintaining Rest APIs
• 4 years’ experience with SQL and relational databases
• 2 years’ experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) and IT Operations Management (ITOM) modules
• 2 years’ Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC), or Security Operations modules
• Experience with HR Service Delivery (HRSD)
• ITIL related certification – Foundations or higher
• Certification: ServiceNow Certified Application Developer – (included recent Deltas)
• Experience with Integration Hub, Managed and Custom Spokes
• Experience building Custom Applications, including new roles, tables, metrics, & reporting.
• Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse audiences.