Job Title: Software Development Engineer in TEST(SDET)
Duration: 1 year
As part of a cross-functional agile squads, chapter and tribe, a Software Development Engineer in Test’s (SDET) primary role is to provide thought leadership within the Quality Engineering discipline as well as ensuring quality through delivery of test automation best practices. Responsibilities include developing new test automation frameworks using various automation tools, maintaining existing test automation code with a high degree of quality, leveraging strong software design and test automation principles, and using personal ingenuity and creativity to find new ways to test software solutions.
The SDET works together with all members of the Agile squad to determine customer and product requirements and their applicability to product code and test code. They also perform exploratory testing when needed. They must continually partner to openly exchange ideas and opinions, elevate concerns, and follow quality policies and procedures as defined by quality governance standards.
What you will be doing:
- Working on an Agile squad, leading quality engineering efforts while collaborating with the squad, chapter, and tribe.
- Have accountability for test strategy, test planning, framework implementation, and test execution within the agile squad and tribe.
- Implement high-quality, reusable, maintainable test automation code using various automation tools and frameworks.
- Create structured, clean, and cohesive test automation and exploratory tests for all new features and/or functional changes in the software, organized into repeatable test suites for native mobile applications and browser-based applications from the user interface as well as through APIs.
- Experience authoring test cases in test management software.
- Efficiently reproduce reported software problems, analyze data, and work with other team members to quickly remove obstacles.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience creating test automation and performing exploratory testing for native mobile applications and browser-based applications from the user interface as well as through APIs.
- Experience with a code repository like GitHub.
- Experience with application life cycle management tools such as VersionOne, Quality Center, or similar tools
- Experience working in a Continues Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), or Continuous Testing (CT) environment using GitLab CI, Jenkins, Concourse, Circle CI or similar tooling.
- Proven knowledge of internet protocols, web proxies, caching and other web related fundamentals
- Experience working in a Cloud environment.
- Proficient in SQL
- Must be able to communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to management, business and IT sponsors, and technical resources in language that is appropriate for each group.
- 3-5, or more, years of experience as a test automation engineer, in a high performance and dynamic team environment.