Duration: 6 Months+
Location: Remote (8-5pm AZ hours)
This contractor will lead the effort to tune and re-write SQL on a 30-year-old legacy Environmental Services (ES) application called EQAI.
We need a Powerbuilder application named EQAI to have it’s underlying SQL Server database reads & writes significantly tuned and re-factored. There was a recent add of significant traffic to EQAI and it has caused database performance issues. There is another significant rollout of additional lines of business to EQAI scheduled for March 1, 2024. EQAI will not be able to scale to accept this business without performance improvements.
- Advanced SQL Tuning
- Breaking down 2000+ lines of SQL in a SQL Server stored procedure and tuning and/or re-writing
- Regression testing your own code to ensure any SQL re-factoring is producing the same results.
- Using Solarwinds DPA to identify performance issues and proactively suggest tuning opportunities.
- Advanced SQL Tuning capabilities, prefer 5+ years of experience.
- Self-starter. Must feel comfortable working directly with lead DBA as well as application team. The reason we need this position is that we don’t have time to hand-hold this person, we need them to drive this tuning effort.
- Experience analyzing performance reports from Solarwinds DPA
- Experience with tuning SQL for a Powerbuilder application would be a nice to have.