Job Title: Substation Design Electrical Engineer
Duration: 12+ Months
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
This position will be responsible for organizing and producing engineering drawings for installation and commissioning of new and existing designs that consists of physical layouts (General Arrangements, Grounding, Conduits and Control House) to electro-mechanical and microprocessor type protection relay systems in high voltage substations.
Thorough understanding of medium and large power transformers, shunt capacitor banks, shunt reactors, series capacitor banks and associated electrical buses and equipment in high voltage substations and switchyards is required.
Job tasks performed will include producing and reviewing Physical designs and Electrical designs (including but not limited to) one-line, three-line, schematic and wiring diagrams for high voltage substation projects.
o Job Responsibilities
• Performs engineering design work and engineering studies.
• Prepares recommendation material for management consideration.
• Performs field engineering work
• Performs engineering analyses.
• Design and/or codes computer programs.
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum, an International Engineering Alliance (IEA) recognized institution, ABET Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) or any state or internationally recognized PE registration.
• Electrical Engineer required
• Five (5) years full time experience actively engaged in engineering practice.