Job Title: System Analyst III
Duration: 6 months
Location: Akron, OH
The analyst will work with the IT Transmission Asset Management team to implement and support transmission applications and devices, specifically helping with the support of our Panasonic Toughbook field mobility devices.
Identify, recommend, support, and implement innovative solutions to enhance and maintain software applications in the IT Transmission Asset Management team portfolio.
Activities typically include:
- Performing tasks where needed to create new and enhance existing software application packages to include development, testing and ongoing support
- Solving complex problems and troubleshoot functionality for issue identification
- Learning electric utility related business processes
- Becoming proficient on the portfolio of software applications and related tools and investigating and resolving problems in a production support environment
- Working in conjunction with other IT personnel to resolve problems and analyzing overall conditions that may affect business operations
- Rapidly acquiring and applying new skills
Support Transmission mobile devices and users, to include:
- Maintenance and testing of images
- Troubleshooting application and user issues on devices
Strive for operational excellence:
- Ensure processes & solutions meet or exceed IT standards
- Maintain and develop innovative solutions to ensure regulatory compliance is always met
- Drive continuous improvement with other IT teams
- Documenting processes/procedures and specifications for peers.
- Consistently delivering high quality results.