Title: Tool & Die Maker
Location: Independence, Ohio area
Duration: Direct Hire (Perm) – First shift 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM
Our customer, a local manufacturer, has asked us to help them find a tool and die maker to join their team in a direct hire (perm) capacity. This is for first shift, starting at 6:30 AM and ending at 2:30 PM.
The Tool & Die Maker will be responsible for the setup, repair, adjustment and maintenance of the tools and dies of all the presses.
- Analyzes specifications, trouble shooting, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, fits and assembles parts.
- Job requires continuous use of both upper extremities in handling equipment, hand tools and power tools; grasp, reach, lift, carry, fine finger manipulation are needed.
- Occasional sustained grip is required. Occasional lifting in awkward positions and with twisting motions.
- Build and repair tooling, dies, jigs, gages
- Forklift, hand truck or overhead crane
- Repair and troubleshoot machines and fixtures
- Inspects Tooling & Die
- Use of various gages
- Experience with Forklift, Tool, Cart, Tool Boxes, step ladder, drill presses, Mill Machine, Bend Saw, Overhead crane, Grinder, Gages is required.
- Experience with progressive dies is required.